How to travel to Shiga Kogen
Ichinose, Shigakogen, Yamanouchi-machi, Shimotakai-gun, Nagano 381-0401
① From Narita Airport For Australian and Overseas Travellers.
How to travel to Shiga Kogen (Ichinose) from Narita Airport for Australian or Overseas Travellers
If you travel from Australia or Overseas, organizing and arranging your travel to Shiga Kogen could be very easy. We suggest the following.
- 1 If you arrive late evening at Tokyo Narita Airport, spend one night in one of the several Hotels close to the Airport.
For instance, stay at Hotel Nikko Narita Airport - http://www.nikko-narita.com/english/
- 2 Upon your arrival, generally at Terminal 2 or 3 from Australia, and before going to your hotel, go to the train station located at the basement of Terminal 2 and purchase your train tickets for the next day from Narita Terminal 2 to Nagano and for your return tickets from Nagano to Narita Terminal 2 or Terminal 1.
NOTE: If you arrive at Narita Terminal 1, buy your train tickets at Terminal 1 and go to your hotel from Terminal 1. Next day, start your train trip from Terminal 2 to Tokyo Ueno then Nagano.
a) From Narita Terminal 2 to Tokyo Ueno Station (Keisei Line) – Buy your ticket at the Keisei Line Counter
We suggest you buy a ticket for the Skyliner, more expensive but faster and more comfortable.
b) From Tokyo Ueno Station (JR) to Nagano Station – Buy your ticket at the JR (Japan Railways) counter opposite Keisei line counter
You should buy a ticket for the Hokuriku Shinkansen train.
- 3After purchasing your train tickets, proceed to the bus terminal at the arrival hall of Terminal 2 or Terminal 1
If you spend the night at Hotel Nikko, proceed to bus stop No 33 at Terminal 2 or No 16 at Terminal 1.
- 4 Next day of your arrival at Narita
From your hotel, take the bus shuttle and proceed to the Airport Terminal 2 train station.
Take the Skyliner train to Ueno Station (Keisei Line)
From the Ueno Station (Keisei Line), walk to the JR Ueno station. The JR station is located 5min outside the Keisei Line station.
Once you are in the JR Ueno station, follow the Shinkansen signs to Nagano.
- 2 Upon your arrival in Nagano station
Proceed to the bus station to get the bus to Shiga Kogen (Nagaden bus).
Tell the driver you want to stop at Ichinose ski field.
Once you arrive at Shiga Kogen Ichinose ski field, you will find our hotel Chalet Shiga opposite the bus stop.
② From Haneda Aiport or Kansai International Airport (Osaka).
How to travel toShiga Kogen From Kansai(Osaka),Haneda and Narita Airports
From kansai Airport
Travel from the airport to Shinosaka station and take the Shinkansen to Tokyo Station,then take the Shinkansen to Nagano Station.
From Narita Airport
For details, see our page “How to travel to Shiga Kogen for Australian and Overseas Travells.”
From Haneda Airport
Travel from the airport to Tokyo Station then take the Shinkansen to Nagano Station.